Saturday 2 February 2013

Music

It is surprising how often just a word sparks your creative thought process.

I was reading a blog called Frosted Design  http://frosteddesigns.blogspot.com.au/ and they have weekly challenges. While I was there a challenge was posted and it was Music. Straight away my mind began ticking over. I had no doubt of where I wanted to go.

And this is it

Originally I painted the ballet shoes red, loved the colour but then started looking for colours to go with it, I had none but that will soon be rectified by a visit to the craft shop. To change the colour of the ballet slippers i used pink glitter.

The canvas is covered with Tim Holtz's tissue wrap - Malenge, to protect the surface of the paper a light brushing of matte medium is applied.

The blue and pale lilac paint is applied with my dymocks card and a scrunched up plastic bag. Some of it was removed with a baby wipe and cloth. Getting messy is what it is all about and I certainly did that to get the background to how I wanted it.

Once the paint was dried, with the help of my heat gun (must have tool, would be lost with out it) I then applied the harlequin pattern with a template and texture paste.

The rose in the bottom right had corner is a kaiser rub on from the Devonshire collection. Again I applied matte medium over the surface.

Dare to Dream, the ballet slippers and the ballet dancer silhouettes were all cut on my digital cutting machine.

And that is how the word music sparked my creative thought process.




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the blue background with the sparkly pink ballet slippers! And your sentiment is perfect!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb, I had a lot of fun creating it.

      Delete
  2. Dee, oh my goodness, you are so talented and not afraid to try new things! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hollie it was soo much fun x

      Delete