Sunday 24 January 2016

Letting Go or Control

People art journal for many different reasons, whether it be to release their emotions, trying a new technique or to do something creative. Sometimes I sit down in my chair and wonder what I am going to create but lately my creativity seems to just flow. I believe the reason behind this would be the art journal prompts that members from the Wanderlust class are receiving. They seemed to have opened up a dam inside of me.

The prompt this fortnight is "Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free". It didn't take me long to know what I am most afraid of and if I do it, it will set me free. Letting go of Control is a big issue for me. Whether it be in what I am creating, a situation I am in or just life in general. So hopefully by creating this page it will give me a big kick up the butt in times that I haven't let that control go but I need to.

Not only were we to be inspired by the quote but also a video from Kasia about composition building. Yes there are rules in composition building and they are very helpful but we were also encouraged to break them, not all of them but some of them. I love breaking rules.

Well if you have got this far reading I thank you and I hope that I can inspire you with my journal page. Its not very often that once I start creating I know what I am going to do but this time I did and it turned out even better than what I had imagined in my head.


I love how when using Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals 
that you don't need to use a lot to get such a big impact



Products Used: lindy's stamp gang magicals - orange creamsicle, gesso, mixed media paper, bakers twine, tags, chipboard, black cotton thread, x-press it tripletac glue

Happy Creating

1 comment:

  1. WOW, that's fantastic Dee! I feel the potential anarchy of letting go with your use of the cotton thread - very powerful page! Sensational!
    D.xx

    ReplyDelete