Sunday 8 January 2017

Be Open to Whatever Comes Next

Hello and welcome to 2017, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. I sharing an art journal page on my poor neglected blog. Although it not just my blog that has suffered to has also been my art. Since November I have been away on a 10 day cruise, had my sons 7th birthday, created cards for the school fair, Christmas and New Year, that's a lot packed into 2 months. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. My husband is going back to work tomorrow so we have had a lot of family time. My two children don't go back to school until the 2nd of February but I am hoping to squeeze in some me time.

I also haven't really wanted to create anything every time I came into my space all I ended up doing was looking at youtube videos, not that that is a bad thing in fact I should have lots of inspiration to choose from but still they did not motivate me either.

It was not until 2 days ago that I actually created something. I started playing with a card background that has been hanging around for awhile. I added 2 different colours of Golden Fluid Acrylics and stamping to it. Mind you it is still sitting unfinished, but that's ok.


products used: lindy's stamp gang magicals, texture paste, mixed media paper, the crafters workshop stencil, golden fluid acrylics - quinacridone nickel azo gold & green gold, heavy gesso, kaisercraft stamp - script, archival ink - jet black.

What I did end up creating and finishing was an art journal page.




The background had been created using up left overs, as I really don't like to waste my art supplies. After making the splatters on the card background I still had some fluid acrylic left. So I had to find something to use it on. I found this background and started making splatters and then while doing that I realised my fan brush would create an amazing print that would look like a flower.

I added the stems, added a little more shading to the flowers, scribbles in the background and the quote and a finished art journal page I have.

products used: gelly roll pen - white, golden fluid acrylics - quinacridone nickel azo gold, derwent inktense pencils - chinese ink, beech green, burnt orange and sun yellow, tim holtz idea-ology: small talk.

Happy Creating

No comments:

Post a Comment