Wednesday 5 October 2016

The Universe Works In Mysterious Ways

In July I shared with you all about breaking a blank page art journal videos from Marta Lapkowska (blog, facebook, Instagram) well I have finally completed another one of my art journal pages. In total I have completed 6 but have only share 2 including this one. Will share the other 4 with you on another day.


To start this page I punched the different size circles from a magazine, I just loved the colours in the stones and they reminded me of planets. I stuck them down and that was where it ended until the other day.

I broke one of my own rules while creating, I put the lid back on the bottle but I didn't do it up. I even thought to myself as I was putting it down I really should do it up but I knew I wanted to keep using it. Well I paid the penalty I knocked over the bottle the next time I went to use it.


This photo was taken just before I started to wipe everything down it was a real mess and to top it off I was cross with myself as I just knew it was going to happen. If I don't follow my own rules I knock things over, last time I didn't follow the rules it was a bottle of indigo ink across my desk, the time before that was bottle of Ranger Patina, the time before that was a bottle of paint. Okay, yes I am clumsy when I don't follow my own rules.
 
So before I wiped everything down and got my desk nice and clean again I mopped up the spray with two art journal pages and 4 atcs cannot waste the medium. One of those art journal pages was the one I created from the break the page videos.
 

Once I had mopped up the gold spray I had no idea what I was planning on doing with the art journal page but it still reminded me of planets. So I went with that theme and found some chipboard stars that I heat embossed with my new favourite colour of embossing powder Liquid Platinum.

Its pretty ironic that while printing out the quote I had to embrace the journey that the universe was taking me on because the quote I was trying to print in brown but no matter what I did it kept coming out purple. I enlarge the print, I made it smaller and I even checked my ink, which didn't need replacing. I have no idea why but that's where the universe took me.

products used: clear gesso, white gesso, water colour paper, prima color bloom - antique gold, chrome, tangerine and deep teal, ranger embossing powder - liquid platinum, circle punches, magazine pages, um wow chipboard - star confetti, versa watermark, stabilo aquarellable - white and black.

Happy Creating
 

No comments:

Post a Comment